The fourth British Poultry Awards is now open! The British Poultry Council is inviting retailers, foodservice operators, farmers, producers and industry suppliers to take part and showcase the very best of British poultry across the whole industry.
The prestigious awards ceremony is scheduled to take place at the Sheraton Grand Park Lane in London on Thursday 1st October. There are 15 different categories which aim to seek out the top chicken, turkey and duck products from retailers’ seasonal and everyday ranges, as well as best new poultry launch, best foodservice product, plus the coveted Poultry Retailer of the Year and Foodservice Operator of the Year awards.
For the first time this year the Student Chef of the Year competition, sponsored by Aviagen Turkeys and Avara Foods, will include both turkey and duck. Catering students from colleges nationwide will compete to create the best turkey starter and best duck main course dishes at the Craft Guild of Chefs British Student Culinary Championships in May. The winning dishes will be served at the awards dinner.
In addition to the retail and foodservice categories, there will be recognition of achievements in the poultry supply chain with two specific awards for greatest innovation and standout performance.
The online entry form can be found on the British Poultry Council’s website with the deadline for product entries on 22nd May 2020. Judging of shortlisted products will take place in July by an independent panel of representatives from the trade, consumer and catering sectors, who will assess against set criteria such as taste, appearance, value, packaging and innovation.
Winners have the opportunity to use a dedicated logo across their packaging, promotional and advertising campaigns for 12 months to help communicate the endorsement to customers.
Richard Griffiths, Chief Executive, British Poultry Council says, “This event continues to be the biggest in the poultry industry calendar, rewarding producers large and small for their hard work in raising the bar in innovation each year. As a nation we can be proud that our home-grown produce meets the high standards of quality, trust, traceability and food safety that the British public rightly expects, and these awards help us to deliver that message.
It is also a key moment for us all to say a big thank you to the retailers, customers and sponsors for their much-valued support of our industry.”
The categories include:
- Outstanding Contribution Award
- British Turkey Student Chef of the Year (sponsored by Aviagen Turkeys)
- British Duck Student Chef of the Year (sponsored by Avara Foods)
- Poultry Supply Chain – Greatest Innovation (sponsored by Asda)
- Poultry Supply Chain – Standout Performance
- Best British Chicken Product (sponsored by Easichick)
- Best British Seasonal Chicken Product
- Best British Duck Product (sponsored by Keyo)
- Best British Seasonal Duck Product (sponsored by ABN)
- Best British Turkey Product (sponsored by Ceva Animal Health)
- Best British Seasonal Turkey Product
- Standout Poultry Launch (sponsored by Elanco)
- Best British Poultry Foodservice Product
- Foodservice Operator of the Year (sponsored by Hybrid Turkeys)
- British Poultry Retailer of the Year (sponsored by Clarke Group Construction)
The online entry form and criteria are available here: www.britishpoultry.org.uk/british-poultry-awards-2020/entry-forms/.
Deadline for entries is the 22nd May 2020. For further details contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 834716
– Ends –
For further information contact Emma Turner/Joe Isted at FML Public Relations
Tel: 01273 834716, Email: email@example.com